Friday 29 May 2009

Jerry Springer in Soho

Well, I don't like to say it but "it would only happen in Soho". I had invited an ex-employee and friend who was a very very attractive young girl to attend with me an evening with Sebastian Horsley (google him) He is a Soho Neighbour of mine and I have read his rather entertaining book "Dandy in the Underworld" I make a habit of reading books written by people I know. It was at the Union Club in Greek Street - part of my fascination was to visit the Union club as I had never been inside having viewed it from the outside for years.
Well , we both enjoyed the night - Sebastian perhaps needs a few lessons in performance but nevertheless has a good message - he is totally honest for a start - even though some of his views might be frowned upon.
Anyhow - once the show was over , we ventured to my local Jazz After Dark, and sat down with a vodka and tonic - after congratulating Lewis McLeod (google him) on his newborn.
And low and behold - who should walk in Jerry Springer - I kid you not !!!
Very bizarre and slightly surreal it has to be said......
He sat down with his companion and enjoyed the music
Well I never did - we had a great night catching up and talking about a lot of commond ground and Jerry seemed to enjoy himself too.....
the end

only in soho............................

1 comment:

Nick Tann said...

He's wearing your jacket!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sebastian_Horsley