Wednesday 27 May 2009

Brand New Party Promo DVD

Party Promo


So we all pitched up to a deserted warehouse on a friday night in Dagenham, Essex (naturally - where else!?) Spirits were high and the bottle of Lanson and cans of Boddingtons were augmentative (is that a word?) to those spirits !
We were lucky to have secured the services of the young and very talented film editor Richard John Taylor (http://www.richardjohntaylor.com) who has done some brilliant work on East Enders and countless feature films.
He had a clear idea of what was needed - I wanted to capture the energy of the band to give the viewer a little insight into our show...
Gemma and I did quite a bit of messing around which he caught well. Often during our shows, I will stand on the piano stool (well it is actually a drum stool) and keep playing the piano. The band always take the mick - so when I jumped up on the stool during the shoot , they were shouting out less than appropriate comments which , as you can see, made me chuckle !
Everyone reacted perfectly to the wrong note on the intro to Chuck Berry's "You Never Can Tell" - I especially love Ed's grimace !!
Richard did very well to finish with a shot of my jump from the piano(drum!)stool
All in all a good few hours work and a very nice curry in Canning Town afterwards washed down with Raspberry flavoured Sambuca (yes Raspberry flavour - whatever next ...?)
I think the results speak for themselves - enjoy !!!!!

No comments: